This is Jed, I don't write on the blog often, but I wanted to write a note about my wife.
Laura is by far, the most driven person I know. She's very passionate about her goals and about meeting them. She's really been an example to me in this category, showing me that when you want something bad enough, and you work hard consistently, you'll get it eventually even if it takes a lot of time. I've tried to be one of her biggest fans while she's preparing for this marathon as I know it's been a huge goal for her since long before I knew her. I can't say I understand running long-distance as a hobby, or that I can understand what it truly takes, but I can say that I am grateful to get to know Laura more as I watch her in the process of growing and overcoming obstacles.
I know that since last week on Saturday, she's been doing a lot of stretching and icing of her leg, trying to take it easy so as to not hurt her leg further. Today she went out running again and did some hills training, and was able to do so without any added pain. I'm not sure the exact mileage, and all the stuff she usually posts, but I wanted to take a moment to just tell everyone who reads this that I'm grateful for Laura- and really happy that she's my wife. She's always getting up early to run before Alli goes to school, or getting to bed early so she can be ready to go out for her run.
It's always fun to go and meet her on the last leg of her run, down the street to our house. The girls LOVE to go meet mommy and run a little with her. They are very proud of her, and cheer, "Mom is the best" over and over again as we meet her on the road. (this is actually only on Saturdays, because on weekdays, it's a miracle we get the kids fed, and get Alli to school on time.)
It's been great to see the growth that she's going through to become ready for the marathon. (and the growth she'll feel when she accomplishes the race at the end of the month). Today I want her to know that I look up to her spirit and her attitude. I look up to her inability to quit when things are hard. I Love her very much.
1 comment:
Laura is a lucky girl to have such a great support system from you and your girls. I'm glad to hear her foot/leg is doing better.
Post a Comment